For your New Home drywall install, Don’s Drywall uses only the best materials applied with the most current up-to-date industry practice technique and procedures…
Drywall “Paper-Faced-Bead” adheres easily to joint compounds, textures and paints, ensuring a strong, smooth finish and is backed by a 30-year limited lifetime warranty. Sheetrock® Brand Paper-Faced Metal Corner Beads produce beautiful, sturdy, cost-effective interior corners that withstand normal wear-and-tear. The paper tape covering installs quicker and easier than bare metal beads and is available in a variety of tape-on, nail-on and inside and outside profiles.
Sheetrock® Brand Paper-Faced Metal Corner Bead is manufactured with strong, paper tape that is laminated to a sturdy, rust-resistant metal form. It resists edge cracking and chipping, resulting in corners that stay beautiful despite normal building movement and everyday wear-and-tear.
- Fast, easy application to reduce labor costs
- Crack resistance decreases costly callbacks
- Paper covering to ensure smooth, beautiful corners
- Variety of styles to permit design flexibility
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Administrative Offices
- Auditoriums and Gymnasiums
- Bars Restaurants and Dining Areas
- Convention and Meeting Rooms
- Corridors and Hallways
- Department Stores and Boutiques
- Executive Areas, Conference Areas and Board Rooms
- Exterior Soffits and Indoor Parking Garage
- Galleries and Exhibit Spaces
- Grocery Stores
- Guest Rooms and Suites
- Health and Fitness
- Kitchens and Food Prep Areas
- Laboratories, Operating Rooms and Imaging Rooms
- Lobbies and Reception Areas
- Locker Rooms, Shower Areas and Pools
- Mall Interior Spaces
- Mechanical Rooms
- Media Centers, Music Rooms and Libraries
- Multi-Family Residential and Condos
- Nurseries and Birthing Rooms
- Open Plan Offices
- Patient Rooms
- Restrooms, Utility Rooms and Loading Docks
- Single-Family Residential
- Stairways and Elevator Shafts
- Traditional Offices
- Mold & Mildew ResistanceNo
Documents & Files
Q & A
Why would “Paper Faced Corner Bead” be used instead of nail-on corner bead?
Nail on corner-bead is attached to the framing using drywall nails or staples (usually wood framing). Over time the wood twist and the metal corner bead cracks along the edge when the framing moves due to lumber drying and settling. Mud-on “Paper-Faced-Corner-Bead” floats with the wallboard when the framing moves and the building settles. Thus they do not edge crack when these situations occur. “Paper Face Corner Bead is applied using drywall compound and is not nailed on and attached to the wood framing with fasteners.
What is the warranty for USG Sheetrock® Brand Paper-Faced Metal Tape-On and Nail-On Bead and Trim?
When installing corner bead or trim, how much space should be left between the trim and the floor?
Leave a 1/4″ space between the bottom edge of the corner bead or trim and the floor.
Can paper-faced, tape-on beads and trim be filled with joint compound the same day they are applied?
Yes, but it is recommended that they set for a few hours before filling.
Do paper-faced beads and trims cost more than bare-faced trims?
Yes, but they require fewer repair callbacks to fix edge-cracked corners.
Be the first to as a question
Let us do the research and get back to you (usually within 48 hours).
Need help right away?
Call our technical support team at 800.USG.4YOU (874.4968)